Legal Automation Using Software
Have you considered using Legal Automation Software to help you manage legal tasks? Are you unsure what Legal Automation is, or how you can use available software? Do you just want to find out more about how Legal Automation using the software can benefit you and your business? Well, you’re in luck. Today, we are going to discover more about legal automation software, including what it is, more about the three main categories of Legal Automation, what it is used for and how you can use Legal Automation Software to your advantage. Without further ado, let’s dive in and find out more.
What is Legal Automation?
Legal Automation is a type of software that allows businesses to automate, manage, streamline and measure legal tasks. It is software specifically designed to automate and manage the creation and approval of certain repetitive legal tasks and improve productivity and efficiency. It can support case management across various legal products ranging anywhere from conveyancing to criminal litigation, as well as helping firms increase their profitability.
Developments in legal tech provide opportunities for firms looking to improve their efficiency and remain adaptable in a fast-paced, ever-evolving working environment. Technological advances also allow smaller practises access to good research tools and provides firms with a way to be available to clients outside of traditional office hours, a necessity in today’s world. It also provides technology companies with a chance to obtain a share of the legal market. What is more, legal tech and Legal Automation are rapidly developing fields, thanks in part to collaborative global efforts to deliver better and more affordable legal services.
However, excitement about Legal Automation Software is often partnered with a large number of people selling this software, who may say that Legal Automation is a way to solve a productivity problem alone. While this is certainly part of the purpose of this software, as it does augment productivity, this is a very simplistic view of its varied functions. It can also cause confusion with Document Automation software.
The three main categories of Legal Automation
There are three main categories of Legal Automation. This shortlist explains the function of each branch and the sort of technologies involved.
- Business self-service can help scale up legal function across your expanding business. This branch of automation can include technologies like chat-bots and Contract Approval Workflow.
- Legal Function Enablers serve to augment productivity. This encompasses using technologies such as e-billing, e-signatures and negotiation portals.
- Systems of record help manage the life-cycle of technologies and assets and the storage and reporting of data. Technologies applied in this area of automation include matter management, reporting and analytics.
What can Legal Automation Software be used for?
Let’s take a more detailed look at the sorts of tasks Legal Automation Software can help you with. Here are the functions of some of its best features.
- Case Management – This brings quotation generation, case entry and customer onboarding under one heading using a workflow engine to ensure that customers have a great user experience.
- Quotation Management – This gives the user the ability to devise templates that will then come up with appropriate quotations for a particular customer.
- Office and Client Accounting – This feature of the software allows caseworkers to do accounting for case management via tracking and ledger entry, making all of your companies accounting easy to manage and match up with bank statements.
- Document Template Management – This feature can keep things organised and easy to access and manage. It also keeps all document uploads up-to-date using a workflow engine.
- Workflow Management – This lets users define the workflow definitions which would be suitable for various scenarios so that you can easily follow the stages of a case.
- MI and Reports – This function allows for the creation of reports through easy one-click generation.
You can find out more about these excellent features if you visit SpineLegal today. All of the listed features are offered by their experts.
We hope that this article has helped to explain what Legal Automation is and how you can make use of it through software. We hope that by explaining more fully some of the features on offer and the different functions you may feel confident enough to go and find out more, or even to invest in some Legal Automation Software which will help your business to thrive. Be sure to visit SpineLegal to check out some of the best Legal Automation Software available combined with top-notch customer service provided by our team of experts.